iPhones come with built in applications that are automatically installed when you purchase one. You can install other apps created by third party developers that are supported by Apple. You can get these apps on Apple’s App Store. There are over 700,000 iOS applications that can be downloaded from the said store. There are free, as well as paid apps that you can try on your device. If you are new to using iPhone, you may be asking the steps on how to delete apps on iPhone.
Deleting an App on Your iPhone
Removing an iPhone app installed on your device is pretty easy. Here’s how.
1. Find the icon of the application that you wish to delete on your iPhone.
2. Press and hold on the icon until you see the little “x” mark on the upper left side of all the icons.
3. Tap the “x” button on the application you wish to delete.
4. Tap the Delete button when you get the warning message asking if you want to delete the app.
5. Do the same steps on the other apps that you wish to remove from your iPhone.
However, this will only remove the application on your iPhone. If it is synced with iTunes installed on your computer, the app will still be there. The next time you sync your iPhone with iTunes, the application will go back to your device. If you want to permanently remove the app and not get it back when you sync, it should also be deleted from iTunes.
If you want to learn how you can delete apps on your android device, visit this site.
However, note that you cannot remove the applications that come with the phone including the following:
- App Store
- Find My iPhone
- Game Center
Deleting Apps on iPhone using iTunes
Another way to remove apps on your iPhone is by using iTunes. This is more convenient as you have a bigger screen and more control with your mouse. These steps will let you access the apps installed on your iPhone. Apps installed on iTunes will not be removed. If you wish to remove the apps on your iTunes, follow the steps for Permanently Deleting Apps on iTunes.
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Open iTunes.
3. If your sidebar is enabled, disable it by clicking View then clicking Hide Sidebar.
4. Click the iPhone option on the upper right side of the iTunes window.
5. Click Apps from the options below the Apple icon and this will show all the apps installed on your iPhone.
6. Click the Remove button next to the name of the app you wish to remove.
7. Hover you mouse on the app’s icon on the right side of the window and an “x” mark will show up.
8. Click “x” to delete the application.
9. Do this on all the apps that you wish to remove.
10. Click the Sync button on the lower right corner of the window once done.
Permanently Deleting Apps on iTunes
If you want to permanently delete apps on your iTunes so they will no longer appear when you sync your iPhone, follow the steps below.
1. Launch iTunes.
2. Your sidebar should be enabled. If not, click View then click Show Sidebar.
3. On the right panel under Library, click Apps. This is different from the Apps option under the Apple icon on top as this will permanently delete apps on your iTunes.
4. Select the apps that you wish to remove and hit the delete button on your keyboard or click Edit on the menu bar of iTunes and click Delete.
5. Click Delete Apps on the message asking if you want to delete the apps.
6. Click Move to Trash.
Restoring Accidentally Deleted Apps
If you accidentally deleted an application on your iPhone, there are various ways on how to restore this.
Redownload App on the App Store
All applications that you purchased can be re-downloaded from the App Store without extra charge. So if you accidentally delete an app that you really love, don’t fret as you can get it back without buying it twice. Search for the specific app that you wish to get and download as you normally do. Aside from searching for the app, there is another way to re-download apps on the App Store. This will show all the apps that you have downloaded. So if you want to check on all your downloads you can do the second method. Launch the App Store and tap on the Updates tab. Under Purchased menu, browse on the applications that you downloaded and install those that you wish to use on your phone.
Sync with iTunes
If you have not deleted the apps on your iTunes, then you can restore them on your next sync. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB and launch iTunes. Sync as you normally do and you will get the deleted apps back.